We have been working with Logan for awhile now helping him figure out the concept of riding a bike. We haven't pushed him since we don't have a safe place for him to ride. (We refuse to let our kids play in the street) He got a bike for Christmas from G&G Williams. Yesterday he asked Chad to help him on his bike. He got on and took off! He acted as if he had been doing it for years. It was so fun to see his excitement! He would ride for a good 30 minutes back and forth in front of our house with Chad, take a break and then ask to do it again. He did fall 2 times but got right back up. He had to call and tell G Tea and got to show G Williams. There's nothing better than seeing your child accomplish something and having them want you there to see it. My role as a mother is to encourage my kids to succeed in anything they choose to do. It starts while they are small and I will continue as they get older. A friend once asked "have you ever wandered why kids always say look at me?" They want the praise, the recognition, the encouragement, the You are Awesome! , Good for you, I'm proud of you!. I am my kids biggest cheerleader and they know it. I know I still love to hear praise from my own parents! Can you tell I am so proud of Logan. He is such a great kid!
One day my love loved me, and while later came a much bigger love-so completely profound, whole, natural, terrifying and true. This same love found me five times over. Their names are Logan, Autumn, Sicily, Sage, and Easton. I marvel at how lucky am i. how lucky are they. if not for that loving on those very days, would they still be? I dare not imagine otherwise.
Saturday, July 7, 2007
A big milestone for Logan
We have been working with Logan for awhile now helping him figure out the concept of riding a bike. We haven't pushed him since we don't have a safe place for him to ride. (We refuse to let our kids play in the street) He got a bike for Christmas from G&G Williams. Yesterday he asked Chad to help him on his bike. He got on and took off! He acted as if he had been doing it for years. It was so fun to see his excitement! He would ride for a good 30 minutes back and forth in front of our house with Chad, take a break and then ask to do it again. He did fall 2 times but got right back up. He had to call and tell G Tea and got to show G Williams. There's nothing better than seeing your child accomplish something and having them want you there to see it. My role as a mother is to encourage my kids to succeed in anything they choose to do. It starts while they are small and I will continue as they get older. A friend once asked "have you ever wandered why kids always say look at me?" They want the praise, the recognition, the encouragement, the You are Awesome! , Good for you, I'm proud of you!. I am my kids biggest cheerleader and they know it. I know I still love to hear praise from my own parents! Can you tell I am so proud of Logan. He is such a great kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Levi has that same bike! :)
Mary
Post a Comment