Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The baby is a....

I messed up on the date and actually had my ultra sound today. We get to the doctors, check in, go back and the tech asks us if we would like to know the sex. Chad says yes. The tech goes about her thing commenting on how much this baby moves. It wouldn't hold still even to get measurements. I just laughed, I've been saying this all along. The tech thought we might have to reschedule but finally did get measurements. She had to be fast. This little nut also kept hiding. It didn't want to be seen. We didn't get to see much of its face. We did get a few cute pictures though. We even saw what it is. Should I tell or make all of you wait?

Since Logan was at school while we were at the doctors, I told him I would get a box and put a pink or blue ball in the box. He thought that would be a fun way to find out. He was pretty convinced this baby was a boy. I asked him what if its a girl. Nope its a boy he replied. I picked Logan up at school, we came home and I gave him the box. He opened, saw the ball and threw the box. He then burst into tears and cried uncontrollably. He found a pink ball inside. Yep folks, its a little girl. The boys aren't too thrilled and to be quite honest, I am sad too. I didn't think I cared either way. Logan told Chad we need to have 100 babies until we get a boy. This body isn't doing that, anyone want to volunteer?

8 comments:

andrea said...

No takers here on your offer. Love you...but not THAT much. :)

Glad you were able to find out that it's a girl now and not have to wait until the big day. Logan REALLY would've been let down then, huh? Any name ideas yet?

Melissa Paul said...

A GIRL!
Destiny, so happy for you anyway. I think we get what we're supposed to have when we're supposed to have it. Love & Hugs to you all!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry it's not a boy, but that means you still get to have more kids!! And Happy Birthday super late, I didn't know...

Jr Tea Family said...

Oh my gosh, a girl! Victoria is excited and looking forward to seeing her new girl cousin. Aaron used to tell me that since we weren't going to have anymore babies we should adopt a boy. He said "Our family is off balance and it needed to be fixed." Aaron agrees w/ Logan on getting more boys in the family. Congrats to you all and Logan...Hang in there buddy! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, another little girl!! Congratulations you guys! Logan sure is lucky to get three little sisters to boss around :-) We are very excited for you.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Logan. Lee and I know what is like to be the only boy or girl in the family. There are good perks. You don't have to share your room or your clothes. Congratulations Destiny. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Unknown said...

So excited for you! I thought it was going to be a boy too. But I am excited for you to have another beautiful girl.

Anonymous said...

hey we miss you. Are you coming back?