Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cha Cha Changes

We have some exciting things happening in our little family.  

Let me first go a ways back and mention the first change.  On May 30, L graduated from preschool.  Come fall he heads to kindergarten.  The day has come way too fast yet he is so darn ready.   Here in the valley kindergarten is all day.  I'm not looking forward to this one at all.  He is such a good helper and I truly love having him home.    **Before I get comments, no Ls hair is not red, blogger keeps altering  the color of my pictures when I load them.**
Introducing the newest member of our family.  Little Maggie!  She was born on Mother's Day, a yellow lab, that now lives with us.  Our kids have asked for a long time now when they could get a dog.  I don't like any living in my home, I don't like the mess they bring with them, the poops that need cleaned up, etc. The Dad fell in love with the mother of this Lab and we committed to getting one of her puppies next year.  Well..... it happened this year.  I'm still not ready for a dog, but I'm not taking care of her.

We got her for 2 reasons:  1-Labs are really good with kids, and 2- good hunting dogs.   The kids didn't know we were getting a dog until we went to get it.

Isn't she cute? 


They also had this cute miniature horse named Misty.  This is as big as she'll get and she is just like a dog.  The nicest horse ever.  Little A wanted to take her home.  This is the type of horse we will get the kids.  Not until next year though.

The biggest change we are making is we have found and bought a home!  We have been looking for sometime now and feel lucky to have found this one.  It kind of just fell into place.  We get the keys from the owners tonight even though we don't close until the 1st of July.  We are tripling our square footage, will have 3 acres, a barn, lots of room to roam, and its our own space. We are all excited.  

3 comments:

Jr Tea Family said...

I am so happy to hear about your new home! How wonderful for you. The mini horse is darling! Dot adores horses and is forever asking on when she'll get one. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new home! You'll have to post some pics of it. 3 acres? wow! that's alot of land to maintain.

We Are A Happy Family said...

How happy I am for you. What a great opportunity. Have a wonderful time.