Wednesday, August 27, 2008

1st Day of School

I'm sitting here this morning with a quiet house.  Mr. L has started Kindergarten.  My heart is sad and I'm lonely.  He is my little pumpkin.  The kids and I loaded up to take him to school.  He has been excited until we parked the car.  He saw ALL the kids and I think he got overwhelmed.  He started walking slower as we got closer.  He met his teacher finally and some of the kids in his class.  He found his cubby, hung up his backpack, had to find his name 5 times in the class, turned in his 2 projects he had, and put his supplies on the table.  I then looked at the clock and saw that I was late meeting miss A's teacher.  Logan didn't like the fact that I had to leave so soon.  He really started getting uncomfortable.  We gave him squeezes and I asked him if it would be okay if  I came and had lunch with him.  He said yes and that made him feel better.
So, how am I doing?  I'm fine.  Came home and called Chad and cried.  He is totally ready for school, but I'm not ready to let him go.  Preschool was so different.  I now feel like my kid is in the real world, ready to get hit by all the evils that are out there.  He will do fine, he is a smart kid and has a good head on his shoulders.  

I am counting the minutes until lunch.  His class eats at 11:30, a friend is taking the girls and I'll get to see how he is doing.  I'm sure he is great and having fun.  He has a great teacher.

2 comments:

Jr Tea Family said...

Concrats Logan! And Good job De. :)That first day is always the hardest on the moms. Honestly I think the first child & the last child are the hardest. I sent Aaron off to High school this year can you believe it!?

Heather said...

Oh, Destiny my heart goes out to you. I remember exactly how hard it is to send your baby into the "real" world without you. I'm so glad to hear that L is adjusting well though.