Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Bike Ordeal

Getting a bike is quite the ordeal these days.  At least for us.  First off, we went to T R Us due to her getting a gift card towards her bike.  They charge $80 for a bike!  When did bikes get so darn expensive?  

                   
We decided to go to a bike shop in town.  They start off at $130 for a small  bike.  What the heck.  Remember Autumn has been saving her $$$ to buy it herself.  We then went to W.....t to see what they had.  I never shop there and because every time I do I leave there wanting to run someone over.  Not very Christ like.  They had a bike there for $35 and Autumn loved it.  So we got it home and within 1 day of riding it the pedals wouldn't work anymore. They froze up and you couldn't get them to move.  Chad looked at them, tried to fix them and it worked for another day and then  WHAM-O they stopped again.  I said heck with this we'll just take the darn bike back.  Poor girl, all she wanted to to was ride her bike.  
                                                   
The kids and I left early one morning to take the bike back.  If you get to W.....t early you miss most people and it can be tolerable.  We get to customer service and the lady helping us is obviously new.  We tell her our situation and she asks the "main lady" what she should do.  The "main lady" replies we can't exchange the bike, we'll simply try to fix it.  This irritates me as well as Autumn because all she wants is a new bike.   I ask the lady helping us, "you expect my little girl to take a bike home, that she paid for with her own money, that doesn't work!!"  This is unacceptable.   She gets her manager to come over and I tell the story again.  She says just get them a bike in the box and let them go home.  Sounds simple and easy right....WRONG!
  Come to find out they don't have anymore bikes in a box and I refuse to get another floor model.  Now we get to fight to get our money back.  Oh my goodness.  We now have been at this for 1 hour! Another helper comes and overhears the situation and decides she can help.  We are now going through the whole ordeal again.  She tries to get me to just wait a couple of days and then come back and exchange the bike.  Finally we get the money back on a gift card and get ready to leave.  
We head off to T....t and find a bike, in a box, reasonable price, multiple choices, and a happy girl.  We ended up getting a bigger bike so she'll ride it longer and she is one happy girl.  

4 comments:

Jr Tea Family said...

"Good for her. She looks real proud of her bike": Uncle Jody
Bikes are blessed and a great frustration all at once. Glad to hear you survived it.

Unknown said...

wow! quite the ordeal!! I am not so in to w.....t either. T.....t is usually my choice for non food items. That is too bad that it took so long to refund it! ridiculous really. But, I am glad that it was able to get refunded.

Melissa Paul said...

One more reason that I refuse to shop at W! A looks like she's having a lot of fun with her bike.

Heather said...

Gotta say I love the rain boots with the bike outfit! She sure looks like a big girl on the bike!