Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One of my loves


A few weeks ago I tackled Mr. L and demanded we take some new pictures of him.  We didn't do school photos and I really wanted one of him with all his teeth.  He still hasn't lost any yet but I feel it coming.  Let me just tell you a little about him.    You can tell he is loved due to all his "mama kisses".  He never liked his freckles until I told him as a baby I would kiss him everywhere and now there are freckles.  

He is my firstborn....and he holds a special place in my heart.  Getting him here was very traumatic for me, a labor story I don't speak of very often.  I remember waking up after the ordeal and asking for my baby and seeing him for the first time....it was all worth it.



He always has LOVED Scooby Dooby Doo!!!  Thanks to uncle Kevin.   He's had 2 parties with this theme, tons of books, games, toys, stickers, costume, etc.  You get the point.




He is the best helper!  He goes above and beyond to help and watch out for his sisters.  Just tonight as I was trying to get dinner ready, Sage was hungry right NOW!!!  He asked to help feed her and then when I tried to take over he said "this is fun, I'll finish the job."  He even put a bib on her since I didn't. :)



He is really getting into sports.  He just finished up soccer and is fascinated with football.  The boys play it a lot at school.  Its been fun to watch him ask Chad how to play, watch it on TV with Chad, and be outside playing with his friends.  He's always been a bit nervous around sports. 



Every night when I put him to bed (and only I can, rare will he let Chad), he will ask if I'll snuggle with him.  This is when we have our best conversations.  I love it when he tells me things he's learning or how he's doing in school.  This reminds me that he is growing up.  Oh how I hope he'll still tell me everything. 



He loves school.  Although he tells me he liked preschool better.  When I ask why...."because there I got to paint, play more, and do more crafts.  In Kindergarten all we do is work!"  He is right there.  


5 comments:

andrea said...

Love that sepia full body shot of him with the field in the background. Sounds like a great kid.

We Are A Happy Family said...

What a wonderful boy you have. He is very lucky to have such a wonderful talented Mom.

Jr Tea Family said...

Its so terrific that you highlighted Mr. L. Kids change so quickly & with us being so far away its hard to feel like we "know" him as well as we would want to :) He is such a great boy!

Melissa Paul said...

Awesome pictures!

Laurie said...

He's a great kid. Wish we were closer to see you guys more often. Sam talks about visiting his cousins all the time. I love that picture of him in the field.