Monday, March 30, 2009

1st Birthday Celebration!!


We had a strawberry party for our little bundle of joy.  It included a yummy Strawberry Torte, Strawberries, Chocolate Strawberries, Strawberry Ice Cream, and Strawberry Kool-aide!  The kids helped make Sage's Birthday cake, her very own giant cupcake.  

Now on with the show:

She was shy and bashful while we sang to her.  It was pretty cute.



She had to "examine" it first.  I think it felt too gooey.  



Then she decided it would be best to face plant in the cake.  Why not get messy right off the bat.


She did get in on the action and "take charge" of the cake.  It was okay now to use hand and dig.



As you can see, Sage beat the cake.  She did a pretty good job of mangling it to shreds.  She liked the frosting more than the cake (big surprise) but had a fun time making a HUGE mess.  No one wanted to give her a kiss after this.



9 comments:

Jr Tea Family said...

What a doll! "It's my cake & I'll play w/ it if I want to" can be her song :) Tori got into her 1st cake then cried cuz she was a mess. lol
You always seem to make their b-day so fun & special De :)

Chiska said...

Happy Birthday Sage! She's adorable.

Jr Tea Family said...

A response to your comment on my blog: If you travel to Farmington, you can visit us and then go on down to Roswell the next day; its only 6 hours from here. :) Summer will be here soon ;)

Unknown said...

Happy B-day Sage. She does look so cute. and the cake looks super yummy.

We Are A Happy Family said...

Looks like a very fun day. Thanks
for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is a year already. Where does the time fly?
She is beautiul. Time for another!!!
Hope I see you at girls night out!!

Saimi said...

A Year? Did you say a "Year?" Wow!
She sure is a cutie as is the rest of the Williams clan.
Happy Birthday Sage....

Syd said...

Oh, how fun! The pictures of Sage into the cake are so cute. (I should have had Sage teach her cousin how to dig into the cake like a real birthday girl!)

Susi Daw said...

I can't beleive she's one already. Time goes by so fast! Love the pics of her and what's left of the cake.