Beware you might experience an overload here. This is a long post. We've had quite the week since last saturday and I'm finally getting time to post. The biggest news/surprise won't be posted yet so you'll just have to come back in a few days to find out what it is. Here it goes:
Saturday the 11th: Logan's last soccer game
He has really LOVED soccer and the last few games he has really figured it out. Him and his buddy Jase were really working as a team and read each other really well. From passing to defensive, to taking the ball away, to using his left foot instead of always trying to use his right, to just really showing determination. He has a "sweet left kick!" Once Logan feels comfortable in something he goes all out. Betty and I had to laugh because at the beginning I was giving him a pep talk and in he goes, breaks away to the goal and SCORES!!! He doesn't show excitement out in the open you have to watch him. He scores and does a little humph with his shoulders and walks back to the line. I took it as "there mom take that, I'm ready to play." We just laughed.
Saturday Afternoon:
Out come the eggs and the fun begins. We'd had a few easter invites already and opted out of one so we could dye eggs. This was Sicily's first year and boy did she have a ball. Although she kept insisting on using her hands. Towards the end the older kids were really getting into it and using their imagination.

Some of the finished product. I always love colored eggs. I love the bright colors and it so reminds me of spring.
Sometime that Saturday:
A couple of friends had planned on making sure I got some "me" time and set up pedicures. I have always wanted to get one and was totally excited. They kept asking me, do we need to pick you up so you'll be there? My response...I'll be there! Let me just tell you that was the best $25 I've spent on myself in the longest time. Totally worth it. An hour of complete pampering for only me and no one else would enjoy it. This might be a new "hobby" of mine. :) (They still look just as pretty with no chips or wearing.)
Tuesday the 14th:
The kids and I took off on a road trip. We headed to Battleground to my sisters. My parents and younger sister had flown in on Sunday so we had a mini get-together. It was a lot of fun. Although it was pretty noisy due to 10 kids being together but totally worth it. Hardly any fights. On our way home I had promised the kids we'd stop at Multnomah Falls. This is a huge double decker waterfall. My sisters came along with us and the kids enjoyed the hike and getting sprayed by the water.

On our way down Logan and I kept finding cool spots to stop and take a quick picture. He kept saying "we're in the jungle" because all the ferns, and moss.

Saturday the 18th:
Logan's first baseball game. He's been wanting to play for a long time and so we signed him up this year. It is machine pitch so he's a bit nervous but really enjoyed himself. It will be fun to see how much he improves and gets comfortable with the whole game. I think he could really enjoy this sport.

(Ready for the ball to come his way)
He got to bat 3Xs. 1st time--struck out, 2nd time--got on base and then made the 6th point, 3rd time --hit it really hard down the first baseline and the player got the ball and got to the base first. Logan was a bit upset about that.

We'll see what this week brings. I'm sure of 1 thing, there really isn't a dull moment in this house. We seem to always have something going on.





7 comments:
glad to hear you had a great time away. I missed your call tuesday.Check out my blog I have a few new on there.......
I love your pedicure! What a great idea for a hobby...I think that's my new hobby too!
I love hearing ehat is up in your life. I can't wait to hear the big surprise.
Well, if people weren't already following your blog they will be now. Curious to hear whats up. Love your easter eggs! So beautiful :)
Love your pics and pedicure! Those are my absolute FAVORITE!
So, what's the big news? Are you prego? :)
Looks like you all have been have a fun-filled spring! Love the photos. What pretty toes you have!!
Thanks for all the updates and pix. Yes, I must say...the best one is the shot of your cute toes!
Post a Comment