Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tests and blossoms!


Just a pretty pictures of some blossoms in our yard.  I love spring here.  The orchards have all been gorgeous but the darn wind and rain are ruining them.



2 years ago Autumn was diagnosed with a Urinary Track Disorder.  If she doesn't take an antibiotic every night she will get an infection.  Her urine back-flows up to her kidneys and irritates them.  She went in for the "big" test again to see if her body is correcting itself since she is bigger.  I wasn't able to be with her since it is an x-ray so lucky Chad got to help.  This was a HORRIBLE experience last time.  
The test:  She gets to lie under a huge x-ray machine with a catheter in while they pump die into her to see where the urine goes.  When they say "pee" she is suppose to pee on the table. (You get the idea)  Last time she wouldn't release the fluids so they could watch it leave her body.  She screamed the whole time and it was a nightmare.  This time around I kept talking to her about what was going to happen to help prep her.   Chad said she only had ONE tense moment when they laid her down because she thought they were going to give her shots.  After he talked he down she laid there all tense, fought a little, peed when they said and did amazing. 

 When I met back up with them her face was all red and you could tell she had been sweating.  Although Chad informed me she did wonderful and the nurse even commented on how well Autumn did because it never goes as smooth as her test.  (I've had 2 friends go through this with their girls and basically said it was the worst thing they went through as well.)

The results:  Autumn was classified as a 4 Bi-lateral last time.  Meaning she had back-flow up both sides to her kidneys.  She is now classified as a lateral 3.  Only her left side has back-flow and since it goes to the kidney it is still a 3.    The good thing, she hasn't had a UTI in over a year and so her kidneys are healthy still.  She will have to go through this test again probably in 2 years but all should be fixed!


6 comments:

We Are A Happy Family said...

I am proud of you Autumn for eing so brave. Good job. Hope everything keeps going well.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown up she is....when we moved in the ward she was just sitting up, she was so round and cute!!!!!

Jr Tea Family said...

What a brave girl! We think she is wonderful and love her lots. We are so glad to hear things are improving :)

Stef said...

Great news!! That poor girl has been through so much, it's so good to hear that things are improving. Give her a little hug for me.

Syd said...

Glad to hear how Autumn's doing, and as her mother, I know you're relieved that things are looking up. Hope you had a wonderful day today!

Mary said...

I'm so glad it went easier this time! That test SUCKS.

And good to hear her body is healing itself. Great news!