Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Look who is 5!!!










Miss Autumn (aka crazy nut) turned the big 5 last Friday.  We did all we could to make it HER special day.  A mom like me always plans ahead so I had everything ready to go at least a week before Easton was to be born.  

She decided she wanted cupcakes so she could bring them to the hospital so I could be there at the party.  I actually got home on her birthday so it didn't matter but she helped grandma bake and decorate her cupcakes.

We had family in town so the more the merrier.  She didn't want any toys (HOORAY) and said whatever we got her she would love.  Oh how I love her and trained her right. :)  We ended up getting her her own jewelry box with her name on it and a few earrings/necklaces and lipgloss to put in the jewelry box.  She LOVES it.  Its nice to have a place for all her earrings so we don't loose them.  

Chad also found a Lite Brite on ebay and got it for her.  She has had hours of fun with it.  Brings back memories.

The entire day she had the biggest grin on her face.  At the end of the day I asked her if she had a good birthday.  Her reply...."yes mama, it was a perfect day."  I really try to make my kids birthdays special.  You don't have to have a big party, you don't have to spend a ton of money, all you simply have to do is make them feel special.  After all, we just had Easton and it was fresh on everyones minds how special these little kids are and where they come from.  

We all love our crazy nut and life wouldn't be nearly as fun without her.  We are lucky to have our blonde/blue eye/spunky girl.

6 comments:

Jr Tea Family said...

Happy Birthday Autumn! You're one amazing girl and we all love you. Hope you got your b-day card from us :)

Mary said...

I can't believe that when I first met you our girls were brand new babies. Five years has gone fast!

Happy Birthday, Autumn!

We Are A Happy Family said...

Happy Birthday. I am glad that you had a special day.

Chiska said...

Happy Birthday! You're as beautiful as ever.

Syd said...

Looks like Autumn had a fun birthday. I know Grandma Tea was glad she could be there to celebrate. Give the birthday girl a hug for us!

Marche' said...

Happy Birthday Autumn!!