Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Book Worm




We read all the time in our home. Logan has loved being able to read on his own and has really been challenging himself. Two weeks ago he brought home a chapter book (9 to be exact). He started reading as soon as he got in the car and didn't put the book down till he finished. He read it in 3 hours. His eyes were so tired, but he was so proud of himself. The next week he checked out another chapter book (12 chapters) and wouldn't put the book down. I asked him to lock up the chickens that night and had to laugh. Out he went with a flashlight in one hand and his book in the other. He walked the whole way out there reading. I snuck out to take a picture. He really loves reading!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love reading in our house too. We had to go buy Raegan a lamp for next to her bed so she could read at night. Her latest book is her scriptures I love it!!!

Jr Tea Family said...

Reading is such a power tool! Its one of my favorite things to do! My girls want lights to clip onto their books so they can read in the dark when they should be asleep.

Saimi said...

Congratulations to Logan! He's going to enjoy all the places his mind is going to take him through those books!! What an adventure! I love that he took his book and flashlight out to the coop.

Stef said...

That is so precious, I love it!

We Are A Happy Family said...

I love snuggling up with my kids and a good book. It is the best!
I also love watching them learn to read.

Syd said...

This is exactly what any teacher wants to hear. Way to go, Logan!

Chiska said...

I love the pic and the idea that a simple chore shouldn't get in the way of reading--especially when they can BOTH be done!:)