HaPpY nEw YeAr!!
Logan REALLY wanted to stay up for New Years. I think he thought something "magical" happens. I put the girls and babies to bed at 9:00 and quietly got him out of bed. The two of us watched a movie, he watched a cartoon, I had computer time, we played Guess Who for an hour and at 11:45 he got his coat and shoes on.
After the countdown he ran outside and banged pans and yelled Happy New Year and watched a few fireworks.

Nothing too special but for him it was the "BEST NIGHT EVER!"! I asked him why it was so neat and he said because 1) he got to stay up late, 2) it was just me and him, 3) we texted Daddy all night, and 4) because he got to bang my pots. I thought it was pretty sweet.
I told him he better sleep in so he wouldn't be crabby and he was up at 8:30.
May 2010 be a WonDerFul YeaR for You!

4 comments:
Logan is going to have a great memory of the two of you bringing in the New Year! Way to go Mom!!!
Sounds like you had a fun "date" with Logan...I was asleep way before the fireworks! :)
Those dates are the best. I am glad that he had a great time.
We love staying up for new years! Dot of course is out shortly after the blowing of horns and hoopla :)But, truly, what great memories!
Post a Comment