Friday, March 12, 2010

My Papa

(Sicily and papa being silly. It reminds me so much of my childhood.)

I adore my father.

He is a Spiritual Giant in my eyes.

He has hands that know how to work, especially when times get tough.

His love for the gospel taught me how to love the gospel.

As a kid, I loved to climb and sit in his lap.

I love his hugs.

My kids ADORE him!

He was the coolest Dad growing up. My friends loved him as well.

I can talk to him about anything.

He loves my Mom unconditionally.

He loves to laugh! We would have laughing games growing up. So much fun.

He has always given me a blessing when I have asked or needed one.

He knows how to have fun.

He would drop anything to come help me if I really needed him to.

He makes the best biscuits and gravy.

He gives good advice.

He is always teaching...you just have to listen and look.

He knows how to be a grandpa.

I love that Sicily asks weekly to "go see papa and sleep at his house."

Autumn was a screamer as a baby and he would just hold her and rock her until she feel asleep. He is so patient.

I have a lot of fond memories with my Dad. One of my favorites is when I turned 8. It was Halloween night and my mom was teaching piano lessons. That weekend I would be getting baptized and I needed a dress. My Dad took me to shop for dresses. We had to make 1 stop first for my brother Kevin to get his stitches out of his finger and then we headed to the shop on main st. My Dad never took us kids clothes shopping but he had a huge say in the clothes we wore. We looked through the dresses and tried on a few. The last one we both loved. He looked at me and said we could get this one and be home in time to go trick-or-treating or head to another shop. We bought the dress and headed home.

It was my favorite dress for the longest time. I couldn't find the picture I have of my Dad and me and the dress.

Dad....I want you know how much I love you! You are an amazing man!

Happy Birthday!!!

We wish we could be there to celebrate with you!

3 comments:

Saimi said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad, he sounds like an amazing man!! Your kids are going to grow up with great memories, just as you did!!

Jr Tea Family said...

That was great De! We love your dad too. Jody also said he was a cool dad, not minding the music you all listened to as teens and being understanding and easy to talk with.

We Are A Happy Family said...

I love your dad too. Happy Birthday Brother Tea.