Monday, August 23, 2010

Utah here we come

The day after school got out the kids and I took a trip to Utah to spend with my family.  We filled 1 week with so many fun things that we don't usually get to do here at home.  

First event:  Climbing Timpanogos Caves.  Logan, Autumn, Geren, Megan, Quincy and myself all headed out and spent the afternoon up on the mountain.  It was a lot of fun and quite the challenge for the little ones.  Overall, everyone had a wonderful time.











Second Event:  LAGOON!!  We've been before but the kids ask all the time to go back.  This time we made sure to go.  It wasn't the warmest day, we had to hide from the rain a few times, but overall everyone had a blast.  I quickly learned that Autumn is a daredevil.  She loved all the fast, crazy, stomach getter rides.  There is a ride called "The Bat".  She loved it!!  I couldn't keep her off it.  It was the 1 big kid roller coaster she could go on.  Your feet dangle and you feel like you are flying.  Logan on the other hand was excited to head off with the big kids, my brother took him on a freaky one and that was the end of his fun.  It took A LOT of convincing to get him to do any rides.  He did get over his fears and ended up having a great time as well.



Autumn and Sicily enjoying the kid swings.  Sicily's favorite ride!


Sicily and Sage flying the airplane




Sicily and cousin Asia on the caterpillar roller coaster 

Third Event:  Temple Square!!  My kids ask to come here everytime we head to Utah as well.  Chad and I got married in the Salt Lake Temple and have the picture in our house.  It was a very windy day!  We were suppose to meet up with Chad's sister but with sick kids, cold weather, and plans always changing, we didn't get to.  Next time!  

Just wanted to post 1 picture for now.  I want to do a separate post on it. 





Fourth Event:  The Zoo!  I completely forgot my camera so you'll just have to believe me.  It was a fun afternoon.  We saw lots of animals, went with lots of cousins, touched a turtle, had a few melt downs, and I almost left Sage there and not by accident.  You see, this little girl wouldn't go to bed at night and woke up as soon as the sun was up.  Naps were crazy and she was a nightmare.  She had a complete meltdown while at the zoo.  I was getting lovely looks from everyone and their dogs.  There was nothing I could do, she simply needed to cry it out and then she was okay.  

Fifth Event:  Pajama Party!!!  I asked the girls what they wanted to do one night and they all said they wanted to have a pajama party with their cousins.  
Look at all those girls!  Only 3 boys.

Their only request was that we play games, paint toe nails, and eat chocolate chip cookies and ice cream.  It was a fun party for everyone.  

Six Event:  Golf Ball stand.  My parents live on a golf course and many nights we/they go out and collect balls out of the river.  They wash them up and the grandkids will resale them to golfers as they come by. Logan and Autumn were very excited to sale.  They ended up making $30 in 4 hours.  Logan wants to go back to grandma's and papa's just so he can earn some money. 





Seventh Event:  Picture Taking.  What is a visit if you don't take a few pictures.  My parents yard is to die for.  They have so many perennials I wish I could bring some back with me.  I think this is about the only picture I have of Easton as well. 
Sicily loves my parents dog....Teya  She will ask to call Teya on the phone



Eighth Event:  Fun with cousins!  Our last night there my brother Kevin came over with Kalie and aunt Syd.  I was loading some boulders into my car and the girls decided they need in on the fun as well.  Uncle Kevin and Papa sure do know how to make 4 girls very happy!  They didn't want to get out.  Afterwards we had a fire and roasted marshmallows and ate smores.  What a fun night it was.  My brother and family have since moved and who knows when we will get to see them again.  Hopefully soon right Syd!?!



Over all it was  fabulous trip!  We saw 3 brothers and their wives, 7 cousins, played at the new water park, 5 out of 6 of my family got the stomach bug, played until we dropped, laughed until we cried, and made so many fun memories.






7 comments:

andrea said...

Looks so fun. And your pictures are gorgeous.

Saimi said...

Oh my gosh!! What a super fun great time! Your pictures are amazing and I absolutely love the one of the cousins on the caterpillar ride! Precious, so, so precious!

Vacations are so fun, I sure hope your family gets ALL Better!!

We Are A Happy Family said...

What a great time!
I love your pictures.

Jr Tea Family said...

Well it sounds like a great time! We were very glad to get up to Utah after the new babies were were born, we werent there very long but its always fun!

Syd said...

What a fun post! We've missed you and had so much fun while you guys were visiting. I know, I know, we've moved even further away from you, but like you said, there's always Vegas, right? :) Just stop by and see us on your way. We'll leave the light on for ya!

lorrainetea59 said...

I sure need my golf ball sellers back. We have found 5 more buckets of balls. Look at all the money you could make.
It truly was an awesome week. Next June is a repeat. Lets make sure the weather is warmer.
I'm looking for the family picture in front of the Temple. That was a special moment. Gma loved that day.
Keep your posts going. I miss seeing the kids. Love Ya GMA

lorrainetea59 said...

I sure need my golf ball sellers back. We have found 5 more buckets of balls. Look at all the money you could make.
It truly was an awesome week. Next June is a repeat. Lets make sure the weather is warmer.
I'm looking for the family picture in front of the Temple. That was a special moment. Gma loved that day.
Keep your posts going. I miss seeing the kids. Love Ya GMA