I called my dentist/who is a close friend at home and asked if I needed to make an appointment to have her baby teeth pulled. They weren't loose at all. He told me not to worry this was "normal". I have never heard of this and wasn't sure I believed him. After talking to my mom, I guess this happened to my brother as well. We also found out that cousin Ella's teeth are coming in just like Autumn's. I guess it runs in the family.
So we patiently waited and finally 1 tooth started to wiggle. I harassed her for a month to get that tooth out. I even threatened to take her to the dentist to have it pulled.
Finally on the 21st of July she comes screaming to me:
She wouldn't let me touch it but she was in a panicky state. I asked her what she wanted to do. "I want daddy to pull it." Well, as luck had it, Chad was working. I had been texting him so I sent a quick text that said "can I call 911 so they will send you to the house to pull Autumn's tooth?" He replied ha ha, you could get in the car and bring her to me. Not likely going to happen....we were all still in our "casual" clothes.
She heads to the bathroom screaming, closes the door, won't let me in to help her but wanting my help to plain out crying. She likes Chad better than me.
A couple minutes later she asks Logan "is this my tooth?" while holding it in her hands. To her surprise it came out very easy and the bleeding stopped. No more tears now only happy big brave Autumn telling everyone in the world about her lost tooth.

We also had another little boy finally get his first tooth. The second came in a few days latter and now he is sporting 4 pretty little teeth. They are dangerous just in case you were wondering. He thinks its pretty funny to bite mom. Me....not so much.



6 comments:
This will be something Autumn will be talking about for a while. Way to pull that tooth out yourself, Autumn!
Ah, I'm chuckling here! I love the expressions on Autumns face! I'm a tooth puller too, just wish my boys would have let me get my fingers wrapped around their teeth.
As for that little guy of yours, love that gleam in his eyes! His tooth is cute but his eyes says it all!
Sophie had the same thing going on with her teeth too. I loved the look on her face when she had the tooth in her hand. She is so cute! And that Easton is ADORABLE!
Maybe I'm a little weird but I think baby and toddler teeth are so cute.
Kennedy just lost 2 teeth in one day, The tooth fairy brought her a bonus.
I love the 4th of July picture, Beautiful kids.
As for the fertilizer....Just gross :)
Teeth pulling is an exciting time in a childs life! How proud she looks! And I love how she went to her brother afterward :)
Martin uses a cool little trick in his office. He tells the kid that he is gonna push tooth back in. After he pushes, then he twists a little bit and the thing pops right now. He says it is the most painless way to do it.
Post a Comment