Back on July 3rd, Chad decided the family needed to do a little bit of "work". We came home from mingling with friends to find what he had in store for us. Now, I like to work and I work hard when I decide to. This however was a job that I wanted nothing to do with!!! I fully support Chad with his animals but I prefer not to be apart of the work.
Have you figured out what the "stuff" is yet? I'll give you a few more minutes. Maybe you'll be able to smell it through the computer.
The kids were all plugging their noses. Let me just tell you, the stench was horrific! I kid you not. I have a very sensitive nose and I thought I was going to die. So basically we got to clean out the pig pens for the day. It was a giant/sweaty/blood curling/ worst job ever!
Poor Autumn, I think she hated it the most. She cried and cried and wouldn't even come close to the barn. She wanted nothing to do with the poop. I didn't blame her and was trying to hide myself. It was hard work for these little arms so we took turns. They had to shovel 10 loads into the wheel barrel and then they got a break while the other kid did the same.
This job was taking forever so I came up with a race. I needed to be finished 2 hours ago. Whoever shoveled the most poop would get a milk shake. They wouldn't have to share and they could pick their flavor.
We had poop flying in all directions! No one wanted a break, no one complained, they were the fastest poop shoveling kids around.
We ended with all smiles and 6 very large/well deserved milkshakes. By golly my kids will be the envy on the block/town/world. They are already the hardest working kids around! Just look at that pile of fertilizer!





2 comments:
Okay, those pictures of the three plugging their noses made me laugh out loud! :) Way to get them to work though...you can't start 'em too young. I bet they couldn't wait to jump in the bathtub after all that work. Great memories!
I think that qualifies them for the show "Dirty Jobs"
Good work Kids!!
Post a Comment