I got to go with Logan to school to help out with his party. It was fun to see him in his school setting. He kept giving me hugs if he caught me looking at him.
When we got home, grandma surprised us with cookies (yum yum) and then we decided to go out for lunch. You can't beat Olive Garden. The kids were all dressed in red and were so darn cute!
After we got home I pulled out the camera and took some pictures of the kids. Autumn and Logan wanted to be silly instead of serious. What can you do.
I then had purchased some goodies and put them with sayings. ex. You make be bubble all over with joy (bubble bath), by gum I think you're special, If kids were apples I'd pick you, and a bunch of others. The kids especially got a kick out of this. I got this cleaned up and then was getting ready for our "Special Valentine Party." I'd been talking about it for a few days so the kids were all excited. I had found a Family Home Evening Valentine online and incorporated it into our evening. I fixed dinner (Salmon, spaghetti squash, broccoli, raspberry jello, and served love potion for the drink). We were going to Mama's Special Restaurant so of course I decorated our table. I pulled out the table cloth, brought out the nice glasses, bought some Valentine plates and napkins, had candles, and hung some red Christmas lights. The kids thought it was so neat. It was fun to watch them be so careful when they got drinks, and they loved the fact that there wasn't much light.
Before dinner we sat down and looked up some scriptures that talk about love, or turning your heart to God. We then played our Valentine games. We used homemade games that were different for the kids to play. We played Calendar drop, Musical hearts, Love Bug toss, raced to put a heart puzzle together, went fishing for hearts, and had a cinnamon heart race. The boys team beat the girls after the scores were tallied. It was soooo much fun!
This is defiantly going to be a tradition for our family! Logan already wants to know when is going to be Valentine's Day again. The kids were really getting into cheering each other on and there was just so much love in the home. I couldn't stop smiling. If you'd like the Valentine Family Home evening handout let me know, I'll send it to you. It is well worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment