Friday, January 11, 2008

December in a Nutshell



Sorry I have been a horrible blogger. I'm not sure how much it will change before this baby comes. This pregnancy is wearing my body out.

December was a fun yet busy month. Overall, I think it was one of my favorite Christmases ever! My favorite saying that day was "How did he KNOW!". Every time the kids opened something they wanted but hadn't put it on their lists, they would happily proclaim "but mom, how did he KNOW?!"i never ever want to forget that. such magic. It was a day were no one yelled, screamed, fought, or even got in trouble. It truly was an enjoyable day. There were no time commitments, no other cousins to fight over toys with, no hurry to do anything. I called my mom around noon and she laughed because we were just getting breakfast on the table.

We did have a close call. At our house Santa leaves toys already put together and some wrapped in "Santa" paper. Being late, I left the "Santa" paper in Chad's closet where him and Logan discovered it. Logan wanted to know why Santa had left the rest of the paper. Try explaining that one. He still will question me about this. I think he is going to be a detective. You could just see his mind putting it all together.

The year is already in a good swing of things. Autumn starts preschool on Tuesday, Sicily started walking (finally) on New Years eve, Logan is trying to read, and hopefully we find a home before this baby comes.


2 comments:

Chiska said...

Fun pictures! Glad you had a great Christmas and that things are going well. It's great to hear how things are going.

andrea said...

Your family is so cute. I loved the pic of ALL of you in front of the Christmas tree. We neglected to take one of those this year. Boo on that.

I didn't know you guys were house hunting. Good luck! It's exciting, stressful, and fun all at the same time.