Tuesday, February 19, 2008

V-Day

I love holidays! I try very hard to make each one special. This at times requires much imagination but it pays off. My kids really look forward to every holiday now. Even though I am not feeling all that grand, Valentines Day was no exception. It started off with Sicily waking up at 6:30 so Chad put her in bed with us. This started the domino effect. Next came Autumn, then Logan. We all went downstairs and had breakfast. Autumn had to get to school and I had signed up for a craft in her class. Dropped her off to school and ran to the store to get a few things. I signed up to bring treats for Logan's class so I took a white cake mix, added a bottle of red food coloring. I skipped the frosting and instead used a heart cutout and sprinkled powered sugar on top. They turned out really cute and I now wish I had a picture to show.
After we got Logan to school, Chad and the "girls" as we are now called went to a cow auction. He wanted to see the going price on them. Yes, we will eventually have cows. A couple years ago Chad and I went out on V-Day, we were even early, and it took hours to sit down and eat. Last year I found this cute family night event on-line and that is now our tradition for V-Day. The family came to "Mama's Romantic Restaurant." I made this great dinner, had candle lights, yummy dessert, played some V-day games and just had a great evening.
We did exchange small gifts in the morning, I did get a beautiful bouquet of roses. I only say this because usually the kids and Chad get me other flowers. Chad loves wild flowers because of all the colors. Overall, it was just a great day, long and tiresome but wonderful. The next day I was down and couldn't do much but it was worth it.

2 comments:

andrea said...

I'm so with you on just celebrating with the kids on the actual holiday. Too much of a pain to go out. Your fancy dinner looks awesome!

I must say I didn't see the cow auction coming....I guess it's an appropriate way to spend Vday....if your husband loves cows.

We Are A Happy Family said...

I am glad to hear from you. Sounds like a great V-Day. We did a family dinner and then took it over to Dad who was working on a set.
Hope that you feel better soon.