Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The fun before the Storm



Trying to be the good mom that I am :), we've been doing pre Easter stuff and last minute mom/kids adventures.  I don't want them to think that I have forgotten them or don't love them since my hours will soon be devoted to a little one.  This isn't working for Sicily, I can't leave the room without her crying or tagging along.  

Sunday we had our FHE and talked about Easter and why we celebrate and then decorated eggs.  The older they get, the more creative they are.  Logan was taking his sweet little time making sure each egg he got was perfectly colored, while Autumn was all about how many she did and how fast she went.

Sicily wanted to get in on the fun but egg dye and 18 month olds don't mix  very well.  Instead, she got the broken egg and ate it!  
She was trying to convince Logan to pass a color so she could put her egg in too.



                                                    
  



She had this mouth full of egg  yolk and kept showing us until I  tried to snap a picture.
**************************************************************************************
With monday being St. Patrick's Day, I had another reason to do something fun.  The naughty Leprechaun  paid a visit to our home.  It found some of the kids GREEN  toys and threw them all over the toy room.  Found some Clover decorations we didn't get put up and made a mess in the living room.  Took all the green magnets off the fridge and green cups out of the cabinet and had them all over the floor and then turned our Milk Green!  The kids thought it was pretty fun and searched for the leprechaun's but we couldn't find them.  Chad and Logan decided next year they are going to set traps to catch one.  I've got a plan for that as well.    It was funny to hear the responses, the kids both went around the house pointing to all the GREEN things the leprechaun's missed.  Logan wouldn't drink the milk.  He was worried it would turn him green.  "I won't drink any milk today unless it is 
white!"  I just had to laugh.   After our green pancakes we had brunch with some really good friends and had a grand ol time.   

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That all sounds so much fun. I like the naughty leprechaun idea. I love how you go all out for holidays, even when you are about to have this baby!!!

So, tomorrow is the day! Good luck with everything, I am so excited to see the new addition to your family.

Unknown said...

What a fun mom you are Destiny!

Good luck with the new baby. Can't wait to see pics!

We Are A Happy Family said...

That sounds like so much fun.nI am glad that you are enjoying your family. You always have the best ideas for holidays.