Saturday, March 8, 2008

What the!

This has become Logan's favorite saying.  Where did he get it from?  Chad said he heard it the other day on Sponge Bob (not that my kids get to watch TV very often).  I used it last night after a comment was made to me and now I'm going to complain about it here.

Why do people think it is okay when you are pregnant to comment on your body, how you look, touch your belly, or tell you what you should do?  I'm not one to complain, I take pride in staying positive but come on people.  I have heard enough.  We go out to dinner last night, to Outback to celebrate the selling of one of our rental homes back in Utah.  Its been a headache since we bought it.  We had the kids with us, they do really well in restaurants, but we always get a lot of comments because of this.  As we were leaving, the nice Hostess comments to me, with Logan and Sicily in tow, "Did you not think you had enough kids, that you had to go and have one more."  I simply responded "What the".  I think after she realized what she had said and with my response, she said, "well, they are cute and good kids."  

I walked out of there amazed at how naive people can be.  I can afford my kids, I give them lots of love, I take great care of them, they aren't starving or being abused, and I love being a mom. So, all I have to say is "What the!"

 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, that phrase pretty much says it all! I can't believe the nerve of some people.

We Are A Happy Family said...

COngratulations on selling your rental. that is wonderful. I think that you are a great mom. If every kid was as lucky as yours.
I hope that you are doing well.

Unknown said...

People are just dumb sometimes. I always get the comment from the peanut gallery "wow, you have your hands full don't ya?"
Hmmm....YA THINK? Thanks for reminding me!

By the way, where are you living now? In Utah?

Melissa Paul said...

What the?! is right! Or more like Where does? As in where does she get off judging you! A Waitress! Maybe she can comment after she gets a masters in early childhood development and economics!
Anyway, glad to hear about your real estate news!

andrea said...

Oh...my...gosh...

I can't believe she had the nerve to say that. I think she would've gotten more than a "What the" from me. Glad you showed restraint. :)