Thursday, July 31, 2008

7 Years Ago...


Our lives changed...for the better of course!  Yesterday we hit our 7 year mark.  Chad and I were reminiscing back in the day when he first saw me, how I acted like I didn't know him when I saw him at the Manti Pageant ( I totally didn't remember who he was),  how he got my number, our first date and all the fun times that were to come.  Its been 8 1/2 years since I met my best friend!  The fun hasn't ended, its only begun.  He asked me last night if my dreams have come true.  Yes they have, I have a great husband who cherishes and supports me 110%, a home that is a safe refuge from this evil world, 4 amazingly fun monkeys, and a new adventure everyday.  I feel very lucky and blessed in my life.  


The first time he saw me:  Country dancing at the OMNI.  He says I was doing my little "chicken" dance as he calls it while dancing with another guy.  He pointed to his friend Brett and said "she's cute but a bit small."  He wanted a strong farm girl.  I think I've shown him I can do most anything, especially after I helped move his pigeon coops.

Our first date:  We went to a bon fire with a bunch of his friends up Provo Canyon.  Him and his buddy Ty caught the gas can on fire and weren't having much luck putting it out.  They almost set the area on fire.  Now he is a Fireman and puts out fire.

Why I was attracted to him:  I loved his outgoing personality and his love for life.  He was always so happy and adventurous.  He has great wit that I've tried to pick up over time.  

Our Wedding Day:  Absolutely perfect!  We pulled it off in 11 days.  My youngest brother G was leaving for his mission to Germany on Aug. 1 and I really wanted him to be there.  I'm sure my parents as well as Chads  wanted to kill us.  We had friends and family come in at the last minute and it truly was a perfect day.  We didn't want to leave our reception.  We hadn't seen some people in such a long time.

Our Life now:  Almost perfect!  It has always been a roller coaster of events.  There really is never a dull moment in the Williams Family.  If there is, Chad finds something new for us to tackle.  

Do we ever give enough credit to the one who takes care of us?  Just the other day I was telling Chad how grateful I am that I can stay home and take care of my kids.  He works hard as a fireman, and now is starting a Bee business.  He works his butt off, all for providing a better life for his family.  Thanks Honey for the fun life thus far.  I know there are many more to come.  I love you!


 



4 comments:

Jr Tea Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe its been seven years! Victoria still remembers watching you get ready right before the reception and getting pictures taken with you. That must be one of the reasons she feels so close to you.

Unknown said...

Happy 7 years!! It was fun to read about how you met and such. I never realized how fast you put your wedding together! That was really fast!

We Are A Happy Family said...

Congratulations Destiny. I am glad that you are so happy and have a wonderful family. We love you both.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!