Were you ever asked why you were given the name you have? I remember having to write a paper explaining why my parents gave me my name. I always thought there was this "big" reason, "big" story, but no. My mom told me that 32 years ago the destiny of the Country was in the hands of the voters. Jimmy Carter ended up winning. Hence, my name....

Today, 32 years later, the Destiny of the Country is in the hands of the voters. Have you voted today? Chad and I agree on almost all issues except one. Today has been deemed as "Historic". Are you a part of history in the making? Today in WA they are trying to pass a law that you could end your own life if you had 6 months to live. I'm curious, what is your take?
Ok, Chad here, you have to have more information to be allowed an opinion. It is called the "death with dignity" law and it would allow people in the final stages of cancer or any degenerative condition who is to the point of being helpless, hopeless and facing coming weeks of pain and suffering to opt for medical assistance in shortening their lives. We are talking about people on their death bed, not someone with an inspirational bucket list. These are people who welcome the relief of death and the waiting arms of the Savior. Who am I to deny them their wishes. -Just my take on it.
3 comments:
I voted for the death with dignity law. I have had family members suffer with terminal illness and I think it is a kindness to let them make their own choice when they are ready to go rather than prolong an agonizing passing.
Wow very deep thoughts you two. :) If Jody & I knew we had 6 months to live we'd make the most of them until the very end. But if we could only live with the help of machines we would want the machines turned off. I'm not sure if I'd want other medical help in passing over. Jody asks when is sucide no longer considered sucide?
& Yes I helped make history! :)
I voted against this, not because I don't believe in Death with Dignity but because I was concern with how this would effect insurance companies. Would they be the ones paying for that? And if so, I think that could get ugly. Would they be more likely to pay for ending a life than for just allowing a person to be comfortable the last 6 months if it would cost them less? Money stems evil in this case.
My Hubbie has seen multiple cases in the nursing home where a person decides to die and calls hospice to make them comfortable in their last days. Once the patient makes this decision they usually quit eating and drinking and death comes quickly and relatively painlessly. So there are other options.
Just my take.
Post a Comment