
We're off and running into the new year. 2008 was quite a crazy one for us as I'm sure it was for all of you. Not sure what 2009 will bring. I'm not big on resolutions, not because I'm perfect, not because I'm afraid to fail, I guess mainly because I just don't do them. This year I'm actually going to make some.
They pertain to my family mostly but a big one for myself. So, if I write them down here maybe you'll all help me.
1) I really want to have a family home evening night once a week. We do tons of things as a family but actually learning something spiritual or relevant hasn't always happened.
2) I'm also going to try really hard to help the kids say their personal prayers.
3) Enjoy the little moments more. I use to really enjoy everyday. The more kids I have the busier I am and the less time I take to enjoy the moments.
4) The big one for me. Really get my photography business up and running. Sure I take pictures for friends every once in awhile. I really have a passion for this and want others to enjoy their memories as well. Thats why I started taking my own kids pictures. I'm going to start advertising in a local magazine, get my business cards printed, get my website up and running and do this.
2008 was a great year for us. We added Sage to our family ( a real miracle), we bought a house, we made a lot of new friends, we had trials that helped make us stronger, we visited the doctor way too many times (not fun for Autumn), but overall it was a great year. Lots of great memories.
3 comments:
Good luck with your resolutions! I could do a lot better on helping my kids with their personal prayers, too. Keep us posted on your business venture.
Sounds like great resolutions. You'll do great. I am excited for your photography business. I love the pictures you post. I wish that we could come visit and get some pictures taken. We send lots of love.
Happy New Year! I don't always do resolutions either. I know what you mean about doing lots of family things together, but not always sitting down to a planned Spiritual lesson. I am working on that also. I guess I feel family prayer and scripture reading isn't cutting it enough. :)
Post a Comment