Wow, where does the time go. At times I forget that a week has disappeared until I'm getting ready for church and it dawns on me. We aren't super busy but busy enough I'll just say. We've been enjoying some much needed warm weather. I figured I'll just give some updates on what has been happening around here for those who are still following this blog.
Logan is officially becoming a toothless kid. He has lost another tooth and we have no idea what happened to it. We had tacos for dinner a couple of weeks ago. Autumn came running into where Chad and I were and declared Logan's tooth was stuck under his gums. As I examined his mouth I said "Logan there is no tooth there, it has fallen out." He had been wiggling it for some time. He burst into tears and literally freaked out. We think he swallowed it while eating dinner, but he disagrees. He now has another tooth that is loose. Will this ever end. He won't let me take a picture so you'll just have to picture his holey mouth. Instead of a tooth under the pillow he got to write a letter to the "tooth fairy". I'll have to post a picture of the letter. It was pretty cute.

Valentines day came and left. Sticking to my staying in for the night routine has been the best for our family. My thoughts have now switched to a family love day not just a couples love day. Chad and the kids treated me to a detailing of the car while I stayed home with Sage and took a nap. Loved that! We then had our "famous" dinner at Mama's Love Restaurant, played a few games and then went hot tubbing. Not really but that is what the kids call it.
See, when we bought this house, a selling point was the big "tub" in the Master Bedroom. (Not really! When we have some extra cash it will be the first thing to go.) It literally is in the bedroom, not the bathroom. The kids have been asking to "swim" in it for sometime so we filled it up and there you have it. It was a fun, relaxing day and I love that my kids get into it. They made cards and pictures for everyone. I think as a mother its the best thing I can to for my kids is teach them to love others.
Miss Sage is finally deciding its time to grow up a bit. She has taken to crawling finally. Last week she was starting to move and then took off. Just in time before she hit her 11 month mark. This morning I discovered she has a tooth coming in. Looks like she won't be toothless before the year mark after all.

Some have inquired about my health. Yes I've been sicker than a dog. Not a good thing. My family has suffered, my home has suffered, and I have suffered. I should have had surgery last year when all my deductibles where covered. My gallbladder has been acting up since around the holidays. I guess too many desserts. I've seen and talked with my surgeon and he has told me what I already knew. I need to have it removed but right now is not a good time. Between Chad's work schedule and Bees there isn't much time he can take off to help out with the kids. It can take 2 weeks to recover and since I take the kids to/from school and those we live around go to a different school I find it hard to ask for help. As for now, I'm doing a lot better, have a lot of good days but occasionally have a crappy one.

Since Logan has been reading, Miss Autumn has wanted to learn. This has been fun to watch him try to teach her. She brought home a book from school that was actually on her level. We sat down and she piped out quite a few words. I was very impressed. I think now she has it memorized but the point is she is trying really hard to learn the words and she loves the fact that "she can read this book!"
Well folks, there you have our lives in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed that. We will see what the rest of the week brings. Thanks for caring about our little family.

6 comments:
Great update. Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling good. It's really hard when you're the mom. I love the pic of Sage! So cute. Love ya all!
I hope you can work it out to get your health taken care of, Dest. It's so much easier to take care of the whole fam when you're feeling ok. Good luck!
LOVE the photos...as always. If there is anything I can help out with while you are working on getting better, please do not hesitate to ask.
Cute pictures of the kids. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I wish we lived closer so that we could lend a hand until you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.
If you would return my calls I could offer to bring you some dinner or something. (good natured teasing here) Thank God for your blog to keep track of you.
I can't believe little Sage is almost a year old?!
I hope that you get better soon. I'll keep you in my prayers. Glasd to hear the good things in your life. Valentines sounded like a reat day.
Post a Comment