Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

What a fun few days.  Wednesday Logan came home and made me my first of many cards.  This is when I realized it was Mother's Day on Sunday.  What has happened to my mind?  

Friday I got to go to Autumn's Preschool and have a special mom's snack with her.  Sicily got to tag along as well.  We had cinnamon rolls, bananas, and lemonade!  There she presented me with a paper flower bracelet, her hand print turned into a magnet, and cute quirky sayings. 
My Mom by Autumn
My mom is 10 years old!
My mom likes to make food 
My mom always says, I can stay up late every day.
I love my mom because she smiles.
We had a fun time together.  They even sang some fun songs to us and the smile on her face made my own heart smile so big.  


Logan had planted a sunflower seed at school and brought me home a lovely card as well.   It had his handprint in it as well as "My Mom is great!" letter.
She is as pretty as a prinses.
She weighs 22 lbs and is 17 " tall.
Her favorite food is pezza.
My mom really likes to plant flawrs.
Something my mom always says is "Do you have home work?"
I wish mom would play bas boll with me everyday.
I wouldn't trade my mom for anetheng.

I loved all the answers to both kids questions.  They are pretty dead on.  I think this was one of my favorite mother's day.  The kids really thought about it and tried really hard to make it special.  Betty helped them find a sign that reads "You are my sunshine".  When I asked Logan why he chose this one for me his reply "you always say this to us."  Church was great.  I got to play for the primary songs and then got lots of chocolate to eat for my pretty self!  I did share a bit but come on, I really need to gain weight right now. :)

Overall, it was a wonderful day.  Relaxed, a bit busy although easy going, and just great!  




4 comments:

We Are A Happy Family said...

I am so glad that you had a great mother's Day. I hope that you are doing well. Keep up the good work. It is a good thing your kids know that they have a great mom.

Unknown said...

I love your age, weight and height ;) So cute.

Jr Tea Family said...

I loved those questionares the kids fill out. I remember mine when Aaron & Tori where little. Glad you had a great Mother's day you deserve good days every day. :)

Heather said...

I just love that the kids are at an age that they can do things to make mother's day special by themselves...almost. Isn't it amazing what small details stick out in their little minds. I LOVE IT!