Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Nesting...


Is there such a thing when this is kid #5?  I think not.  

I'm "officially" 2 weeks out from my C-Section.  I really am planning on having this baby by the 28th (at least by the end of July).  My babies always measure small and then come out large so I got pushed to August 5th---only 2 days before Autumn's B-day.  So I could use all the prayers to will this baby here on the 28th.

Chad snapped a picture of me the other day and I thought I'd share it with you.  Go ahead, tell me how cute I look, how small I am, or at least lie.
Anyway, I was thinking the other day since this IS my last baby I would jot down my thoughts on being pregnant.  

Pros:  
~I think it is truly a miracle that women can grow a life inside of them
~I have always loved feeling the babies move
~you instantly fall in love with them before you even see them
  ~I feel like I just received a piece of heaven
  
Cons:
~Your body doesn't belong to you
~you get to wear the same 10 shirts for months
~Heartburn!!!! (and I'm hardly eating)
~you see your weight jump very quickly
~I can't sleep (I currently have insomnia...getting about 3 hours a night)
~it hurts to walk, sit, lay, etc.
~you get gallstones because of being pregnant
~doing the basic task takes forever
~it has ruined my body in more ways than anyone will ever know (Chad and my doctor are the privileged ones)
~my nerves are shot and I can't stand to be touched/noise kills me
~you wake up screaming in the middle of the night because your legs decide to seize up and they won't relax, even with Chad rubbing them
~this bundle of joy sits on your sciatic nerve and you get sharp pains constantly down  your legs
~you get comments from strangers at the store like "doesn't she know when to stop"


Being pregnant for some is a wonderful experience.  I had that with Logan.  But I can honestly say this has been a miserable pregnancy.  A friend told me the other day in a few years I wouldn't remember this.  I don't think I'll ever forget.  I still remember Logan's delivery like it was yesterday.  I'm not one to complain, I usually just handle it but this time I am exhausted.  I went to the doctors yesterday and the nurse says to me "you look horrible, do you feel that bad?"  My answer, "yes"!  

A cute one of Sage and I

I didn't mean for this to be so negative, this is truly how I feel right now.  And since my blog will be turned into a book for our family I thought I needed to document my thoughts.  

12 comments:

Hannah said...

I know just how you feel. I did not like being preganat one bit! I hated hearing other women say how wonderful being pregnant was. But I do like the end results.....

Anonymous said...

So I gues you know 2 Jana's. This is Jana in Yakima : )I loved being pregnant and loved the end. You do look very cute and tiny for this being #5. My last 2 baby's came when they were ready not on my schedule or the scheduled c-sections so good luck with the 28th.

Unknown said...

Those pictures are beautiful. I will be willing it to happen on the 28th. Hang in there!

Jana said...

Chad- I think it's fair to say you've won the race.( and you started a few years after us) It was so fun looking at your blog.-(thanks for the invite) What a cute family! And can I just say- I think you married SUPERWOMAN! Destiny is amazing, that's quite a few kids in a short amount of time- and I am so impressed with her photography. (and all this while being married to a fireman.) WOW! I agree with the #5 being hard, this has been the hardest pregnancy-but I'm OLD! I wish you all the best and will be praying for that early delivery.

Jr Tea Family said...

No lying required, You are looking super cute!! The pics are so sweet. We look forward to hearing about the new baby. Good luck :)

Marche' said...

Being pregnant is one the most amazing miracles Heavenly Father has blessed us with here on this earth. Whenever I think it's gotten too much, I like to remember all the women out there that can't have babies. We are so blessed!! I pray you feel better and your delivery goes well :)

Heather said...

Just a few more days (2 if your plan works!) Absolutely beautiful photos and of course you look cute and small. You look like that with all your pregnancies. I am so jealous! Keep us updated!

Saimi said...

Destiny, you are absoulutly amazing and look amazing as well. You are a model mom and your kids are so blessed to have such a wonderful mother! Good luck with the delivery.

Syd said...

Wow, I sure hope everything goes okay. I know you can't wait for him to get here--we're all anticipating his arrival too! Take care and know that our prayers are with you.

Melissa Paul said...

Thinking of you.

Chiska said...

Hang in there it's no fun. You do look fabulous as always. Here's hoping your plans work out.

Mary said...

I don't have great things to say about pregnancy, either. I agree with your list of positives. But, I'm always very happy when it's over.

I hope you are done soon!