Sunday, September 20, 2009

Current Events

We've had a lot going on around our home.  There is never a dull moment.  Even at 2:00 in the A.M. or whatever time in the A.M.  So here is my top 10 list....with actual posts to follow.

10.  The life as a Single Mother again
9.  Autumn gets to sing
8.  Logan plays ball
7.  Bean-E-Boo turns 3
6.  My big baby is the smartest 18 month old ever (not saying this because I'm her mom)
5.  Little E is 6 weeks old and changing with each look
4.  The West Side
3.  Life with 5
2.  My looks
and the number 1 post...... Another surgery scheduled 

6 weeks ago I was free to eat whatever I wanted with no side affects or random thoughts.  Now I  dread putting anything in my mouth for fear of the night/day will bring.  Talk about being wiped out I hope I can recover because I'm exhausted from being so sick.  My GB has been a nightmare to live with.  It has resulted in 4 attacks, 1 trip to the ER (should have been 2), being completely useless, having MIL come over at crazy hours to help, and FEAR.  You can't predict when it will happen; I was nursing and BOoM, it started, no warning.  Intense pain like you've just been stabbed.

I am one that goes with the flow, doesn't worry about most things and just deals with life. My health has changed this thinking for now.  I fear food, it is an evil thing for me, so I don't eat.  Okay, I am eating but very very little because the 1 bite might send me into a spiral that takes a good 24 hours to recover from.   I use to compare my health issues as feeling like I was in labor.  Now I refer to them as "attacks".  The last 2 I literally felt like I was paralyzed and that my body was being attacked.  I couldn't sit/stand/lay/walk/talk.  It was the worst pain ever and the only thing that worked was heading to the ER for some powerful medicine.  

I met with a Surgeon last week and will be having my gallbladder removed next Wednesday.  I'm scared.  I've cried. I'm worried. I want to be better.  Its a very safe procedure but I don't want to be put under.  Results are about 50/50.  You can eat normal again and have no problems or you might poop yourself any second.  There are mixed reviews from others.  Although no one regrets having it done.  Its better than having another episode and going through the pain.  

1 post down, 9 more to go.  I'm hoping to catch up before I'm down again.  I've missed my blogging world.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry life has been so trying. If there is anything I can do....I only have baby at home during the day...call me 833-3116

Unknown said...

The blogging world misses you too. You sure do have a lot going on! We will be praying for you and thinking of you that the surgery will be a success.

Chiska said...

You're in our prayers too. Hang in there.

Jr Tea Family said...

De- you're amazing, strong and an inspiration! With everything that is happening, and you're still so positive. :) You and the rest of your family will be in our prayers. Luv & miss ya all.

We Are A Happy Family said...

Take care of yourself. I hope everything goes well. I will definitely be praying for you.

Saimi said...

Thank heavens for the internet, Thanks for sharing and know that you will be in my prayers! Everything will be fine hang in there!

andrea said...

I'll pray that you're in the 50% that have positive results. Sheesh--it sounds miserable.

Unknown said...

ouch mama! Hang in there! Good luck with the surgery too! You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Syd said...

Wow, I just heard about what's going on. Wish we could be there to help you out. Take care.