Friday, December 25, 2009

The morning before

My attempt at poetry inspired by my 2 oldest kids:

Twas the morning before Christmas,
when all through the house,
the kids were all sleeping,
except two noisy elves.

The carrots and broccoli
were put by the Chimney with care,
in hopes that St. Nicholas
soon would be here.

The noisy elves were scheming
in their hide-out beds,
Going to stay all day long
in hopes to catch the man in RED.

With I in my pajamas
and Daddy still in bed,
we'd just waken up
scratching our heads.

When out in the family room
there arose such a clatter,
I rolled over in bed
to hear what was the matter.

In came quickly two noisy little elves,
claiming they heard Santa Clause close by.

They claim they heard footsteps
and little tiny laughs.
Any maybe even eyes
peeking out of the chimney.

The noisy elves ran back
to asses the situation
and started to sing Christmas songs
with great anticipation.

Singing Dashing through the snow,
Up on the house top,
Santa Claus is coming to town,
and We wish you a Merry Christmas
at the top of their lungs.

They thought for sure that Santa
would appear any minute,
with toys and presents,
from their Christmas wish lists.

Instead they were reminded
They would have to wait
until all the good elves
were tucked in bed tonight.

But I heard them exclaim
as I left out of sight,
"Merry Christmas to all,
and to all a good night."




3 comments:

Jr Tea Family said...

So sweet! Which little elves where they? Merry Christmas to you all :)

Saimi said...

Well done! I love that age when Santa is still so magical. I bet they had a wonderful Christmas.

We Are A Happy Family said...

Too cute!