We have been busy outside moving dirt, making a new parking area, cleaning out horrible red rock from the flower beds, adding new flower beds, planting grass, and just about anything else you can think of outside.
Chad was filling in the circle drive with dirt and made a big pile. It didn't take long for the kids to find it. One reason we bought this house was because of the land. We are strong believers of kids having room to roam and to get their hands dirty. Here is a glimpse into "their" world.
This dirt pile was many things for them.... a stage, a mountain, a cliff, a slide, their battle ship, wormies house, their treasure chest, and I'm sure other things I couldn't hear. They played here for hours. Before I knew it they had cars out making tunnels.

Who could ask for a better world for kids. Chad and I listened from a distance and both smiled at the same time. We love the life we are providing for our kids. It is a simple one and I believe they need that in this world that tries to cram so much into their lives. They have some great imaginations!
7 comments:
Wonderful pics! Dirt piles are so much fun :) I remember when we were little, we would play beside our house in all that dirt making car towns and other fun things! Good Memories.
It is wonderful that you allow them to get so dirty. My first thought would have been NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but then I would realize they clean as well as the clothes. We too want some land to expand I might let them get dirty...Might :)
Plenty of dirt, happy kids, tons of fun!! I love the picture of the dirty feet and hands, they seriously were in heaven. Good job Mom!
Love the pictures. My kids woulda had a blast with that too!
Such a true title! We had a huge one in our yard for a while too. Its a lot smaller now but you can still find Dot out there playing in it. She loves to get the rake out and rake it. I love what kids can think of when left to explore and imagine :D
Great pics, Dest. My favorite is in the top left corner of the girls doing their little waves.
Oh, what great memories! Way to capture them for your kiddos to enjoy looking at when they're older. And, should I send Kalei over sometime? LOL
Post a Comment