Monday, September 6, 2010

Temple Square Visit

I have to tell you this story.  The kids ask every time we go to Utah to go see where Chad and I got married.  When we got to Temple Square and was walking across the street my mom asked the kids if they could see the Temple.  Sicily was having a hard time spotting it and then finally saw it.  Her eyes got all big and she asks "Now can I go to Jesus' house and see him?"  Almost everyday she will ask me when will Jesus come to our house.  (heart melting right now)  So I explain that we can't go inside the Temple today but I will take her up so she can touch the doors.  

We head into the Visitors Center and are looking at the giant life size pictures of Christ.  Sicily could tell me just about every picture we saw.  The ones all about Christ's life.  If you've been to Temple Square you know how to get up to The Christus.  Did you know it is 11 feet tall?   As we are walking up the ramp I tell Sicily that we are going to see Jesus.  She practically runs to the top and I hurry behind her wanting to see her reaction.  She sees the statue and runs up yelling "I love you my Jesus." I had to quickly grab her because she was under the ropes trying to touch his feet.  She the statue was real.


I love this room at Temple Square.  It is so peaceful and your mind can't help but wander.  The view out the window is breathtaking as well.



Here are the munchkins in front of The Christus.  Sicily did NOT want to leave.   



Like I said, I did tell the kids I would take them to the doors.  They thought they were so cool!  These are famous doors in our house.  The kids were so excited to be standing there. 



The day was a tad bit windy but well worth it.  They wanted to spend longer there but a storm was rolling in.  Who would have thought 8 years later I would have a picture of ALL my kids in front of the Salt Lake Temple.  8 years earlier it was only Chad and I.  



I have always loved this Temple!  It means a lot of things to me and I love to visit it.  One day I will take each of my children inside!

4 comments:

Jr Tea Family said...

Sicily is SO sweet! And your story brings back memories of when Aaron was just like that! He, too wanted to go into the temple and see Christ. Temple square was our FAVORITE place when we lived in SLC!

andrea said...

What an awesome experience, Destiny! Love the pics by the doors and of the kids on the pedestal.

Unknown said...

So sweet. I love the pure faith of sweet Sicily. So glad you all got to have that time at Temple Square. And wow! How 8 years does change things!!!

Marche' Zepf said...

Beautiful pics of the temple! Can you believe that 8 years later you have five children? You have a wonderful family :) I love SLC Temple too! Such a beautiful place!!