I've been meaning to sit and write about Sicily's and my experience on the airplane. After getting back, readjusting to being a busy mom, and then having a sick house, I finally have some free time.
My grandpa past away the 9th and so I scrambled to get a flight to be at his funeral in New Mexico. I was to fly out of Yakima, get onto a Southwest flight in Seattle and fly to Salt Lake, then drive 6 1/2 hours to New Mexico. All seemed like it would work until the morning I was to fly out. I got a nice call that my flight out of Yakima had been canceled. I ended up having to drive over to Seattle. I'll spare the details but I barley sat down, called Chad and the plane was leaving. We arrived in Salt Lake, my mom picked us up and I demanded some food. I hadn't eaten since 7 that morning (expecting to have 2 hours in between my flights for lunch). Sicily was a trooper. She did great on the plane and never even fussed.
The next day we departed for Farmington with my Sister, her 2 kids, my brother and wife and their little boy. The rest of the gang was leaving latter. We pulled into Farmington and met up with my brother and his family who live there. Had dinner, visited, and went to bed. I had a major head ace going on and felt like crap.
The funeral was emotional, spiritual and very special. Since my grandpa was in the military, they had the gun solute and the flag presentation. I documented all this for my mom with photos.
After all was done with family stuff we didn't leave Farmington until 6:30 or so that night. Pulled into my parents home at 1:30 got to bed at 2:00 and Sicily was up at 7:00. I got to the airport at 10 and flew out at 11. The plane was late, Sicily was grumpy and I was extremely tired. We finally got on the plane and it was full. The nice older couple who sat next to me asked how well my baby traveled. I said she did great on the way over but we'll see how today goes. She responded that the baby they sat next to earlier was a "golden child". Well, Sicily wasn't a golden child this time. They passed out drinks and this time gave her her own apple juice. She was fussy since it was nap time. Of course I put her drink in her cup so to not have any spills. Within 10 minutes she reached for her cup spilling mine all over her and I. Now we were both wet, she was really unhappy and the lady next to me helped me clean the mess up but shook her head. Sicily finally fell asleep and didn't wake until we were getting off the plane.
We still had to drive 2 hours back to Yakima and then was attacked by to other kids who had missed soooooo much. Their words. Logan said I couldn't leave him again. Chad's mom kept the kids for me since Chad was working. They love hanging out with grandma but love their mama.
It was a hard few days, but I'm glad I went. Not only to pay my respects to my grandpa but to be there for my mom. I saw how us kids were able to give her strength just by being there for her.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your grandpa's passing and that it was so crazy to get there and home, but it sounds like it was worth it.
Post a Comment