Birthday. I am officially over the hump and turned 31. Logan asked me if that was old. Nope I said, I am still young but not as young as you. Since I can remember, my birthday usually gets lost in all the Halloween activities. Then when I met Chad, I thought, yea, someone for sure will remember my day. Thats when I found out he did Corn Mazes and that is usually when they are cleaning up and trying to get out of town.
So THIS YEAR, Chad didn't have much to do with the Corn Maze, the kids knew it was 2 days after Halloween and planned on making me breakfast in bed, a good friend Melissa was going to take me to lunch, Chad and I were going to dinner, Logan planned "games" for my party and he was in charge of the cake. Sounds like a fun day right. It didn't happen.
Chad got home from work after 8 that morning, I heard the kids say mama is still in bed lets make her breakfast. The phone rang and the day changed. Brian, Chad's brother who is also a fireman, was still in CA dealing with the Maze was suppose to work. He got his days mixed up, the station was calling, and my dear husband went into to work for him. Leaving me home with dropped plans. Needless to say, I had a crappy day. I tried to find a sitter, but no such luck. I called my dear friend Mel and told her we would have to reschedule. Instead she brought me lunch and cake. It wasn't quiet the same since we had the kids but it was still wonderful. Chad finally got to come home after 7 and we went out for a late dinner.
Sunday we finally got to play the games Logan came up with. Fireman (our house was on fire and him and Daddy saved the girls), Dr. (guess who was the patient), and Alligator (the alligator tries to pull your legs into the pond).
Maybe next year. A friend asked at church if birthdays matter anymore. I said heck yes. Its the one day that is yours. The one day you started breathing, the one day your parents looked at you and felt that pure love. Of course it matters, the age factor doesn't but you do.
5 comments:
Dear De, I am sorry your day wasn't how you planned it. Somehow that ends up happening once in awhile. :( These are the times when I wished we lived closer. I would have taken your littles ones in heart beat! Know that we all love you! And I agree B-days are very important no matter the age!
Wheee! I made your blog too! Sorry it wasn't super great, but I'm glad I got to share your day with you :)
Happy Birthday!!! I always try to pretend that B-days aren't that big of a deal, but man it feels good when people remember and I certainly like presents:)
Happy Birthday, Destiny. Thirty-one? We ARE getting old, if you ask me. Birthday might not be as big of a deal as they were when we were kids, but it is nice to be remembered and celebrate.
Happy late B-day Destiny!! I like your last few sentences, made me smile!
Post a Comment