Saturday, March 14, 2009

Are You Ready?


To catch a leprechaun? If you recall, last year those little leprechauns visited our house and made a mess.  I've been reminded a dozen or so times that we need to make traps so we can catch one.  

I had to laugh because a few days after Logan and I were discussing this his teacher sent home a note giving the kids a project to make one for school.  Now I was really in trouble.  I had done some homework on the internet and found a few ideas.  Logan decided which one he wanted to make for school.  He added the slide and decided to make it look more irish (the moss and rocks).

He didn't have school on Monday so he decided that we would spend all day making his trap.  It was fun, messy, adventurous, and I defiantly earned the mother of the year award that day.  

Description:  The leprechaun is going to be attracted to Logan's trap because he/she will spot the rainbow on top and see the "gold" sparkling.  He'll climb the rock wall Logan made, walk across the top to get to the gold, and then want to slide down off the trap.  As he steps towards the slide he'll fall into the trap!

He really hopes it will work.  We've read up on leprechauns and found that they are mischievous, sneaky, can't be fooled easily, are from Ireland, and rarely get caught.  We'll see what tuesday brings to this house.  The girls have been working on their own traps as well.

6 comments:

Melissa Paul said...

COOL! Happy Hunting Logan! Hope you get one!

Jr Tea Family said...

Well, that looks like lots of fun! Can't wait to see what your girls make. :) Good Luck catching a Leprechaun :)

Anonymous said...

You definitely got my vote for mother of the year, that thing is sweet!! Nice work.

We Are A Happy Family said...

Mother of the year is definitely for you.

Syd said...

Pretty creative trap, if you asked me. Way to go, Logan! (and kudos to his mom who helped it all happen.)

Heather said...

Wow! We had the same project but I must admit that Logan's turned out much cooler. Caleb's was the hit of his class this morning though. We also did some research and learned that leprechauns are shoe makers by trade, so we hoped to catch him by leaving some shoes to repair. Caleb wrote a "Leprechaun for hire" note. I love this holiday! I also stole a couple of your ideas from last year...green milk and green toy stashing! It's so much fun!