Sunday, December 20, 2009

I survived



I've been trying to get a good/decent shot of all 5 kids. Why is it I can take other families/kids and get good shots and my own flesh and blood.....nothing. Trying to get these the other day I lost it and just about pulled my hair out. Oh well, maybe sometime soon I'll brave it again. We'll see. Until then this is what I get.

Easton is 4 1/2 months....wow is that all. It feels like its been longer. Have I told you lately that 5 kids is HARD!!! Someone is always needing something, the noise is killing my brain, the house always looks like a tornado came through, and man I feel like I've been ran over. Some have told me I have it easier with 5 compared to their 1 or 2 or 3 kids because I have a couple older kids. Let me just say...NO!

Today I had a first. You see, I haven't braved going to church by myself (the 1st hour). I show up just as Sacrament is finishing and send my little rascals off to get taught by others. Today I told myself, "self, it is the Christmas Program (that I was suppose to be singing in) and I really want to hear it, I think we can handle it." I started getting the kids ready right after we had breakfast. Before I knew it the time was 12:00 and we still had 2 1/2 of us not dressed and one needed to be feed (of course it was the baby). So I talk to myself again. "Self, we are running behind but we can make it and we can totally handle it....don't loose it."

We managed to get to the car by 12:28, not too bad. During the drive I talk to the older 3 and prep them on helping me out by taking care of themselves so I can take care of the 2 babies. We got there by the end of the prayer. Hurry sit down and breathe. We made it.

Now I'm thinking to myself. "You can handle the 75 minutes by yourself, with the kids, keeping them quite, hoping they won't throw a fit, while feeding the baby a bottle (nope, he didn't get feed before we left)." All I will say is I was glad when the closing prayer was said and I could send my kids off to class.

I won't bore you with the other 2 hours of church happenings. Lets just say they didn't all go to their classes and then I had to get ready for YWs.

I did it, survived it, but don't want to do it again.

Pardon my ramblings, I needed to vent. Now I won't loose it before the kids go to bed.



5 comments:

Jr Tea Family said...

De- You are amazing! You do have a lot of your plate. And from what you've just said, it really sounds like you're doing a great job. The fact that you're willing to get out there & try the difficult tasks says A LOT! :) Now, what is your calling in YW? I am the Beehive teacher & I love it :) Hope Christmas is wonderful for ya all.

We Are A Happy Family said...

I agree you are amazing. I do not know how you are doing it all. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Mary said...

I think considering the age and number of your kids, your picture turned out great. 4 out of 5 ain't bad. I have sort of given up trying with my 4. hee.

Saimi said...

I used to take the boys to church by myself when they were young lads. Lets just say the only thing I felt was, I wanted to strangle them. Not reverent I know, but I too survived and so did they. My hats off to you, your and amazing mom. I only had three, you're doing a great job!!

Carl and Amber said...

I kinda know what you mean...Carl hasn't had a Sunday off since August! I seriously pray through out the week that they will be good. Then, we talk about it on Sat. night before bed to remind them of the expectations. If all fails, and I can tell that it will be a hard meeting, I sit next to a childless couple. They are always eager to help out! They've adjusted...I've adjusted...and I'm always glad that I am there! The Lord will help out, cuz the Sacrament is just too important!