Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Week of LOVE

We had a busy/fun/exciting week. First up was Autumn's 1/2 birthday. She was very excited to say the least. She is now 5 1/2 and thinks she is so much bigger than before. Although she was disappointed that her BFF just turned 6 and that isn't very fair.


We took in cupcakes to celebrate. It was a bit crazy though. I had made arraignments to drop the kids off at a friends and when I showed up she wasn't there. I panicked, and then took all kids with me. Autumn's teacher doesn't let anyone come in and help so I was nervous to take all 3 young kids with me but what was I suppose to do. Autumn was so astatic that her sisters came to celebrate with her. My friend drove to the school and ended up finding me with the kids and took them outside for me.



We've had a week of making cookies.....lots of cookies. We made some for friends, for grandma, for school parties and for ourselves.


We made a "heart" in Autumn's hair for Valentines Day. Can you see it? There is this girl in her class that when I do fun things with Autumn's hair she always comes up and asks me to show her mom so she can have hair like Autumn's. I love her long hair.

For the kids Valentines we decided to have handmade ones. I found some different ones online and let the kids pick what they would like to make.

Autumn chose to make butterflies. She made these all by herself. I just had to cut where the suckers went.


Logan chose to make these adorable crocodiles. His were a lot of work, but he kept at it. We did find that they didn't stay together with regular glue so I pulled out the clue gun and got to work. It was a delightful craft with him. He was so proud to show them off at school. I think his were the most talked about. I got to go in for his party and thats all the kids kept talking about. He was pretty stoked.



Chad and I went out on Friday night to dinner and a movie. Grandma ended up having the kids over night. I stayed up late reading and slept in. It was total bliss.


For Valentines Day the kids got to make each other notes and then went on a scavenger hunt. We had our traditional Valentine dinner at Mama's Restaurant of Love and ended the night watching Amazing Race while eating pink cupcakes and strawberry cheesecake ice cream.

(Logan and I made our own Edible fruit basket for Chad)

One thing that we did beginning on the 1st was to show LOVE to someone else. We all had to do some kind of service for someone else. Right before bed we would talk about what we all did and then we would get to put a heart up. It was a fun way to see the kids thinking about others and "looking" for something to do. Logan even found that you can serve others even at school.




6 comments:

Saimi said...

Oh my gosh Destiny, you are the Martha Stewart of moms!! Besides all the super creative valentines and treats, but girl you totally topped it with Autums hair!! Now I know why I had boys....If I had girls, I'd be sending them to your house to get their hair styled!

Anonymous said...

Destiny I have mommy envy. You amaze me. I have ambition to do those type of things (homemade cards) but my follow through is the problem.

You should be so proud of the memories you are creating for your kids. I need to get busy.

Syd said...

What fun stuff! Sounds like you've had an awesome week of wonderful memories. We made cookies with Kalei, but no way were they as cute as yours! :)

Jr Tea Family said...

We LOVE Valentine's day over here too! It sounds like you guys enjoyed every minute of it :)

We Are A Happy Family said...

You are such a cool mom. How blessed your kids are to have you.

Marche' said...

You are so crafty!!! Your Valentine's rock :) Did you buy them online and then assemble them together? That's pretty cool about Autumn's hair! Hope you got your Valentine Card from me! I Love you Sis :)